This is quite disturbing.
“Stress, fear and pain when animals are being slaughtered or waiting to be slaughtered results in several disease processes in the humans which eat the meat. Most notable are cardiac problems, impotency and general fatigue. These adverse effects are most directly associated with consumption of dog meat.
These substances, remain in the meat and are transmitted to the humans. Humans are particularly susceptible to their effects. This is thought to be genetic, in that humans evolved from herbevoiric animals who supplemented their diet from incidental sources of meat. The human digestive tract is well-adapted to consumption of meat, but the higher metabolic functions are unable to handle meat as efficiently.
It is thought that the domestication of cattle is an adaptation to this limitation. Ancient humans would obtain a substantial amount of their meat supply from domestic animals, which were generally calm on slaughter until unconscious from loss of blood.
Modern slaughter techniques which cause fear in animals defeat this mechanism. This results in animals whose meat has unnaturally high amounts of hormones.Animal Stress Results in Meat Causing Disease, 0% based on 4 ratings
- Anyone else hearing “But meat contains endotoxins!”?
- Cognitive dissonance and meat eaters and why both grass/grain fed are the least sustainable.
- Should we judge by results or science?
- anti-cancer effect of ….. vulture meat?
- Care about animals? Put your money where your mouth is – campaign for and buy ethically raised animal products