Hello all –
This is my first post, though i know many of you already. You may recognize me from the past 4 years on 30bad (er, the other 30bad), though i’ve been lurking on here since it began. I don’t have time to get into my story now because I’m in a bit of an emergency situation: my upper back-most tooth crumbled.
I was randomly feeling my teeth with my finger and put the slightest pressure on the backmost tooth and it just caved in and fell into pieces. I took the pieces out and they were off white on one side and black on the other. That tooth is about half gone now. Then i went to the store and got one of those mirrors where you can look, and to my horror, my two far back teeth on both sides are decaying big time, though i would have never seen it from looking at a regular mirror. My teeth are also quite transluscent, though they have been getting better in the past month since i’ve been taking better care of them. I also definitely have cavities, but havent seen a dentist yet. I have tooth pain every day, sometimes so severe that i can’t sleep and am in agony. Moreso, over all, i am having a mental breakdown, because i never thought this shit would happen to ME.
HELP! WTF do i do. Where do i start? Well, i guess i SORT OF know what to do, but i’m reaching out for various advice and perspectives and moreover, support.
Things to note:
1. I’m an ethical vegan and I’d REALLY like to stay that way.
2. the tooth crumble was likely caused from many reasons, including:
- 3+ years on a die-hard super-strict 811, but more like 95/5/5 diet, mainly fruit and not enough greens (though im not blaming any diet whatsoever, i will say that it probably has to do with not eating enough greens/veggies)
-since i was eating what i thought was “humans natural diet,” I thought nature would take care of me (ha! So delusional and idealistic…) so i didn’t brush nearly enough…
-likely many deficiencies, though i have never had blood work done.
Things i’ve done so far:
1. increased my veg intake.
2. gave up dates =(
3. brush and floss militantly
4. got some b-12, vitamin k2, and d3 (though admittingly i hate taking pills so they are just sitting around)
5. starting let go of dogma and such
6. called the dentist and made an appointment (EEEEEEEK!)
The biggest question i have is: When i go to the dentist, should i go ahead and let them do their thing (drilling for cavities and pulling my back teeth out and shit)? or do i wait it out and try to “reverse” my tooth decay? To be quite honest, im on the verge of not believing in any of this natural shit anymore, despite being so involved with it for the past 4 years.
This is the biggest piece of humble pie i’ve ever eaten. Teeth just don’t CRUMBLE like that. I need support.TOOTH CRUMBLED WTF DO I DO!?!?, 53% based on 17 ratings