To all raw vegan educators: Please make sure to read the remark addressed to you at the end of this article.
When analyzing ideas, I am interested in the data for as well as the data against. This post asks for data in support of the claim that 30BAD advice is not working.
Specifically, I am interested in real-life stories that can be looked at and studied. I am not so much interested in opinions (everyone has one) but the data. That is, I am interested in cases of people who followed the specific 30BAD advice (at least a particular threshold calories, amongst them) for some considerable amount of time (at least 6 months) and experienced health problems as the result of this.
I am not interested in just any stories on 811 or raw veganism, but specific stories in relation to following 30BAD recommendations (raw vegan, 811, minimum calories threshold).
As an example, I am familiar with 2 stories:
So please post links to such stories or share a story if you have one. Thanks!
Note: These are the stories in relation to the 30BAD-recommended diet. This does not automatically imply following personal advice by Harley or Leanne, although this may have occurred.
Also note that below is NOT a comprehensive list. I have read more similar stories than mentioned below, but have not added them all in my busy schedule. You can help by sharing links to more such stories.
Summary of the data so far, listing main health issues experienced:
- Erin Bilgin – sleep problems, teeth erosion, fatigue
- Heather (read the detailed story here) – continuing weight gain, feeling tired
- Stacy Pickhardt – weight gain, fatigue, sleep problems, headaches, bad moods
- oakley – teeth erosion, loss of muscle mass and tone, dry skin and hair, mental confusion, lethargy, moodiness, depression and weight gain
- Esmee Le Fleur – teeth sensitivity, persistent severe acne
- Jay (on 30BAD) – severe teeth problems
- Marie – skin yellowing, skin spots, extreme fatgue, feeling sluggish, low mood (asthma and allergies cleared however)
- Shannana Bannana (on 30BAD) – weight gain, hair loss, blood tests confirming over-hydration (stressing kidneys) and body using only fat from muscles tor fuel (Past history of thyroid issues)
- Sean – loss of muscle tone, gone from 6% bodyfat to ~19% bodyfat on strict 80/10/10, anxiety
- Katie – weight gain, lack of energy, weak hair
- Christine – bloating, panic attacks
- Elodie – severe digestive issues, bloating, weight gain, loss of muscle definition, dry skin
- Bob (a paying client) – weight gain
- han y – lethargy, depression, irritability, overeating and eating disorders, acne, bloating, mood swings, had to take a year off school because felt too sick to do anything
- Helen (at Amazon) – severe vitamin D deficiency and low B12, teeth problems, fat cravings and mood swings
- Northernlights2281 (at Amazon) – change from very fit to suffering from Osteoporosis at the age of 29, bone fractures, depression, severe loss of weight, severe vitamin D deficiency
- Taylor Snipes (read Taylor’s input below, also read the discussion here) – 5-year experiment in nearly 100% raw veganism, learned primarily from Elchanan, developed teeth problems, in the long term hair falling out, cravings for animal products
- heknowsmyid – incessant cravings despite packing on calories, lost muscle tone+increased fat despite exercise, feeling lethargic, blurry eyesight, enamel erosion and transclucent teeth
- victorbigdipper – feeling very cold, paper-thin, wrinkly, saggy skin, teeth problems (sensitivity, cracking), hypothyroid problems, flaky skin, thinning hair, acne, low blood cell formation, getting sick again
- Miss Levanthal – underweight
- haroutm9 – Teeth Problems, Low Iron, Loss in Muscle, Very poor performance in exercise,Very Bad Forehead acne, Thin Hair, Facial Swelling
- Heather Blyth (story inside this thread) – 2.5 years on 30BAD diet, severe teeth problems (yellowing, erosion, brown marks), extreme fatigue, moodiness, extreme weight loss (down to 40kg), taken to hospital (spent 4 months there), diagnosed with sodium deficiency, B12 deficiency, depressions, spent next 10 months being looked after by her family (and was unable to look after her son)
- Shy Precious (30BAD) – weight gain (10kg)
- RawYogaNurse (also see her post on this site and her youtube channel) – cystic acne, frizzy hair, fine lines, lack of periods, bloating, B12 deficiency and an extreme vitamin D deficiency, uterus lining too thin to produce a period, body fat percentage too low, extremely low levels of estrogen, made her completely ill and destroyed her health and looks in less than a year
- Ashley Hamilton (30BAD) – severe teeth problems, teeth crumbling, decay, translucent teeth (3+ years on the diet)
- Stephen (30BAD) – severe teeth problems, decay, most of molars hollow and on the verge of crumbling, a minimum of 3 root canals and 16 fillings at the cost of $20,000 required
- Caitlin Eleanor Field – was doing fine on raw vegan before 30BAD, after going 30BAD huge weight gain, bloating, and other severe problems (with menstrual cycles), “cellulite going on my thighs and lower abdomen since about March of this year which I never ever ever had before” (and she is a very young woman). Caitlin reported forcing herself to eat the amounts of food to satisfy the 30BAD 3000kcal criterion, feeling very uncomfortable, gagging.
- Michael Houck (on 30BAD) – feeling dizzy, foggy, didn’t feel grounded, “I couldn’t pay attention to anything”, “Worst part was all the hard earned muscle I lost”, loss of sex drive (in the teenage male?!)
- LizYArtur – excessive skin breakouts, unusual abdominal weight gain, stopped having menstrual cycle, blood test showed elevated triglycerides levels. “If you eat more calories than your body needs, your triglyceride level may be high” (ref).
- Jane (Veda at 30BAD) – 11 months on the diet, gained 10 kilos, had no period, got anemic, felt depressed, had anxiety attacks
- Jolita Brilliant – put on 10-15 pounds (see story below, within the thread)
- angelspit – 5 months on the diet, weight gain (10kg), from slim went to skinny fat, lost attractiveness, started avoiding people
- vegg32 (story below) – 3 months on the diet, dry skin, crumbling nails, swelling, cystic acne, weight gain around the stomach
- Annvdb (story below) – ate around 1500-1600kcal, 90/05/05 for about 5 months, then I switched to 80/10/10 for more than a year, with added cooked carbs, dry skin, yellowing of the skin, tired, poor digestion, bacterial infection, hives/urticaria, underweight, white tongue
- long-gone (story below) – sporty before the diet, 4 months on the diet, very bad wound healing, no period, weight gain at the second attempt at the diet, sleeping problems
- Carlen Schmidt – read her comments on the link provided
NOTE: A mirror question was asked at 30BAD forum, for the details click here. (This discussion has been deleted by 30BAD, when I was banned from there for starting this inquirying thread here.)
Remark for raw vegan educators: Note that it is in the Code of Conduct for people who present themselves as giving health advice, in any progressive country, including Australia, that they should provide full disclosure of the possible negative outcomes of what they are prescribing. There are other important rules included too, for example (ref):
- Recognising and respecting patients’ rights to make their own decisions.
- Recognising and working within the limits of your competence and scope of practice.
- Ensuring that you have adequate knowledge and skills to provide safe clinical care.
- Considering the balance of benefit and harm in all clinical-management decisions.
- Communicating effectively with patients.
- Supporting the patient’s right to seek a second opinion.
- Consulting and taking advice from colleagues, when appropriate.
- Treating your patients with respect at all times.
- Not prejudicing your patient’s care because you believe that a patient’s behaviour has contributed to their condition.
If you do not follow these ethical rules, your behavior is unethical, and therefore you are NOT an ‘ethical vegan’. Furthermore, when people are getting harmed as the result of you breaking these guidelines, you are made aware of this and continue the unethical behavior, this means that you are NOT ‘vegan’. Veganism implies that you consciously strive to do no harm to any sentient life, and this includes humans.
Also, please see a related mirror thread:Request for data in support of the claim that 30BAD advice is not working, 68% based on 37 ratings